Earlier today, Marc Schuster at Abominations posted this comic, and as an obsessive list-maker myself, I have entire notebooks devoted to planning future lists (I’m not kidding), I just had to share this.
I also recently read his soon-to-be released book, The Grievers, which was fantastic. I’ll be writing about it as soon as this week settles down a bit.
Another award! Whoa! And here I thought it was going to be a bad day after my pants unceremoniously ripped (in a rather embarrassing place) as I got out of the car this morning. Things are most certainly looking up!
First, let me thank Janine over at Shambolic Living for this award. Everyone should definitely pay her blog a visit. Her blog is wonderfully down to earth with some pretty amazing photographs, too.
According to the rules of this award, I’m supposed to:
- Share something about myself that no one knows
- Link 7 of my posts that I think are noteworthy
- Nominate 7 bloggers to receive this award
Insofar as the first rule… I think I already said more than enough earlier today.
Here are my seven favorite posts. It’s nice to be able to shake the dust off and breathe some new life into them.
- Love and Byron
- Playing with the Moon
- On Love and Forgetting: A Personal Note
- Allen Ginsberg and William Blake
- The Pull of Huxley
- You can’t step into the same river twice… but what about books?
- The Distance from the Moon
And now for my favorite part, passing the award along to seven other bloggers.
- To a Dusty Shelf We Aspire
- Proper Noun Blog
- Being Arindam
- Poetry Poems Poets
- Deidra Alexander’s Blog
I was recently nominated by Four Blue Hills for the Versatile Blogger Award.
I’ve been remiss in acknowledging this, not for any reason other than life has consistently kept getting in the way. It occurred to me, however, that this is a wonderful opportunity to acknowledge the many other bloggers who have inspired, enlightened, or otherwise entertained me, and to recognize that we are, in fact, a community of readers, writers, and thinkers.
Now apparently, there are rules to this thing. I am to:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blog Award picture on your blog post.
The first I will do willingly, and with great pleasure. Here is a list of blogs that I habitually read for various reasons, each wonderful in their own way. They are presented here in no particular order…
- Acid Free Pulp
- Chazz W
- Promiscuous Reader
- To a Dusty Shelf We Aspire
- Physics 4 Me
- Omphalos Cafe
- Sky Watching
- The Dispersal of Darwin
- The Background Story
- Open Parachute
- The Literary Man
- Evolving Thoughts
- Eleventh Stack
- Claire McA
- Boggleton Drive (okay, I know I’m limited to 15, but this one is too funny not to mention).
Now for the seven things about me. This I will do not so willingly.
- I am a mother to a fearless, brilliant, and funny little three-year-old girl.
- I hoard books.
- I belly dance. Pretty well, too.
- My first academic love was physics.
- I’m training to run my first half-marathon in February.
- I seriously love cooking.
- I’m nursing a broken heart.
And finally, a true heart-felt thank you to Four Blue Hills, whose blog I read and enjoy daily, for the nomination.