A very heartfelt thank you to one of my favorite bloggers, Marc Schuster, for giving me the Kreativ Blogger Award. He’s a wonderful writer, and his posts are always full of wit, candor, and intelligence.
According to the rules, I now have to name six blogs that I think should receive this award, and list ten things that you probably don’t know about me. Like I said when I received the Versatile Blogger Award, the first part is easy, the second, not so much.
Six “Kreativ” Blogs
- Chazz W
- Acid Free Pulp
- Lower Dover Field Journal
- Dispersal of Darwin
- John’s Consciousness
- Omphalos Cafe
Ten things about me…
- In reply to Marc, I prefer ales to lagers (although I would rather a really smoky scotch).
- I have eight tattoos.
- My daughter had her first day of school this past Monday, and she loved it. She took a stack of twelve books with her, “in case they didn’t have enough.” Yep, she’s my daughter.
- I’m currently reading Goethe’s The Sorrows of Young Werther and a book of Rilke’s collected works.
- I keep getting TVs as gifts, even though I hardly watch television. I’m currently trying to figure out what to do with a forty-inch flat screen that I received for Christmas.
- I bake pretty delicious cakes and pastries.
- My eyes teared up a bit during a lecture on Romanticism this morning. I think I’ve been spending too much time with Werther.
- I took part in a belly dance flash mob, and despite myself, I loved every minute of it.
- I spent a good part of my early twenties attending Grateful Dead shows.
- I’m still nursing my broken heart.