I was recently nominated by Four Blue Hills for the Versatile Blogger Award.
I’ve been remiss in acknowledging this, not for any reason other than life has consistently kept getting in the way. It occurred to me, however, that this is a wonderful opportunity to acknowledge the many other bloggers who have inspired, enlightened, or otherwise entertained me, and to recognize that we are, in fact, a community of readers, writers, and thinkers.
Now apparently, there are rules to this thing. I am to:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blog Award picture on your blog post.
The first I will do willingly, and with great pleasure. Here is a list of blogs that I habitually read for various reasons, each wonderful in their own way. They are presented here in no particular order…
- Acid Free Pulp
- Chazz W
- Promiscuous Reader
- To a Dusty Shelf We Aspire
- Physics 4 Me
- Omphalos Cafe
- Sky Watching
- The Dispersal of Darwin
- The Background Story
- Open Parachute
- The Literary Man
- Evolving Thoughts
- Eleventh Stack
- Claire McA
- Boggleton Drive (okay, I know I’m limited to 15, but this one is too funny not to mention).
Now for the seven things about me. This I will do not so willingly.
- I am a mother to a fearless, brilliant, and funny little three-year-old girl.
- I hoard books.
- I belly dance. Pretty well, too.
- My first academic love was physics.
- I’m training to run my first half-marathon in February.
- I seriously love cooking.
- I’m nursing a broken heart.
And finally, a true heart-felt thank you to Four Blue Hills, whose blog I read and enjoy daily, for the nomination.